Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Meet The Yorks


                                  

I am owned by three of the cutest, craziest, most loveable yorkshire terriers you'd ever want to meet. The Yorks, my babbacheekies. Yes, the babbacheekies. Sometimes strange words for people, places and things pop into my head, and they stick, ask my kids...on second thought, it might not be a wise thing to do. 
Anyway, back to the Yorks...Presenting Samson, better known as Sammy. He is almost 13 years old and he is the boss. He is so sweet and very demanding. Here he is with his favorite toy, Squeaky Man. This is probably the fifth squeaky man he has owned. We once bought a HUGE squeaky man for Sammy as a joke. It was at least twice Sammy's size. It didn't deter him in the least. He dragged that thing all over the house for years. It was hysterical watching Sammy with giant squeaky man. Guess the joke was on us, he loved that super sized toy.


Sammy has a little,  slightly extremely annoying game he like to play. See that metal cat lurking below??  There is something about it that Sammy does not like. After all of these years, I have yet to figure it out. Sammy will take whatever toy he is playing with and plop it down in front of the cat, then he barks. He really barks. Did I say he barks?? It's a "come get my toy away from this thing," bark. I know as soon as I hear this bark, exactly what has happened. I have to stop whatever I am doing and rescue Sam's toy from the metal monster residing in our home. We do this EVERY day. I haven't had the heart to put the metal cat away. It's good to have a little routine in one's life, and this is ours.


The Cat~ AKA metal monster

Sammy barking because the cat has his favorite chew ball

Now I'd like to introduce you to the "twin terrors", Bradley and Bailey. These two little cuties are brothers. They are 5 years old. They are good boys for the most part but have been known to get into some mischief together.

    Bailey


Bradley
       

They somehow communicate to each other that it's time to run amok in the house and boy! look out! They like to take Sammy's cherished squeaky man and play tug of war with him.


And they have a hard time waiting for Santa to put their presents under the tree, before they open them.

But at the end of the day, quiet reigns. I'm thankful I have these little ones to share my life with.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

vivian said...

Adorable furbabies! Bailey is TOO cute peeking out of that cover! I know about a "favorite" toy-my Katie has had a couple gorillas. It makes the neatest sound.