Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Stashed Stash


Bird's eye My eye view of my studio

After reading Kelly's post at Charming Chatter and Polly's post at Aunt Polly's Porch, I thought I'd share my fabric stash too. I have my fabric organized, for the most part, by color. Yardage on the bottom, fat quarters and smaller pieces on the top. Solids all on the same shelf by color. A plastic container here and there with patterns, hand dyed and "what was I thinking when I bought these??!!" fabrics.




Plastic bins for all of my decorative threads

This is my Dear Jane basket. This is a "patiently waiting for her to come back and finish me" quilt.

This is my "it's not a quilt until it's quilted" basket. Yep! just need to be quilted!

This is my, "needs piecing, quilting, or a good swift kick in my butt to finish" container. But only the top one...the bottom is some finished art quilts that don't look good on the beds. :-)


I have been quilting and buying fabric for almost 30 years. I sold a lot of fabric and books to a new quilter at a garage sale I had. Wait! That means I have room for more...I'm going shopping...

5 comments:

Anita in Florida said...

lol Denise! I love how you have little people and animals 'peeking' out between the stacks of fabric. Great to see your 'stash' and 'studio'...

missjane said...

Oh wow, now that is a fabric stash! You win girl!!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh, what a wonderful stash you have - and what a great sewing room! All very organized, too! I'm with Anita - I love the fun stuff you have to decorate along with your stash! Thanks so much for sharing with us! Oh - and have fun shopping - I think I did see room for more fabric LOL!

harr said...

Hi Dobe,
How many times have you re-arranged that stash?? :)

..harr...from the past

Denise said...

harr...how nice to see you been a long time! Email me!!!