Saturday, May 1, 2010

Crazy For Crazy Quilts


Here are two crazy quilts I made. The one above called Crazy One. It was juried into the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza in 1999. I won second place in the Traditional Wall Quilt Category. The show was sponsored by Bernina and Quilters Newsletter Magazine. Liz Porter was one of the judges. I was so thrilled to win! It is machine pieced, hand quilted and hand embroidered. There are beads, charms, sequins, cotton, silk and metallic threads and silk ribbon. The fabrics are cotton, and some are hand dyed.

I always stitch spider webs on my crazy quilts. The tatted circle above was made by my Grandmom. It is very old.


My Gran also tatted the flower on the above block, I added beads to it.




Here is my ribbon...there was also a cash prize!!

And LOOK! here's me with my quilt!


This is the first crazy quilt I made. I made it in 1992. It is hand pieced, and embroidered. It is made of silk, satin and velvet fabrics, in the traditional Victorian way. It has beads, charms, shisha mirrors, buttons, crystals, old lace and silk ribbon. It was embroidered with silk, cotton and metallic threads.



My initials are on this block.




My name is embroidered on this block.




Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed seeing my crazy quilts...

2 comments:

Jane said...

Love these quilts! I am amazed at your talent but then I knew you were very creative! Quilt on, girlfriend!!

Sean said...

I love the crazy quilts so much!!