Friday, April 2, 2010

Work(s) In Progress


This is a picture of the worktable up in my studio. How many works in progress can you see? The largest, a Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt, is for my grandson, Julian. He is two.  This is his Christmas present...last Christmas. I'm sure I can finish it before Christmas rolls around again. Besides, he's still in a crib. How old do you have to be before you can sleep in a bed? Nine, ten?? Good I'm covered.


Unless you think I am some kind of slacker, take a look at the above counted cross stitch projects I have recently finished. They are ready for framing. I ordered the frames, cut the mounting boards. Everything's ready for finishing. Pretty impressed aren't you?? Uh huh, thought you would be. Now click on the picture and take a look at the date on the little sampler. 2001 Yep! 2001, that's when I started that one. Well, it's impressive that I finally got around to finishing it and three others. One more little sampler and I can say I have finished all of my counted cross stitch projects. I have no desire to do anymore...ever!

What keeps you motivated once you've started a project to get it finished? What inspires you?

2 comments:

Karen said...

So many wonderful projects! What keeps me motivated and inspired is seeing what all the quilter's in blogland are making.

Joan said...

I was going to put the binding on Kaitlyn's caterpillar quilt today... before I took that nap! Maybe tomorrow..... I made the top of her Brown Bear quilt a few weekends ago on retreat. Any bets on when that'll get quilted?