Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival


It's time again for the Blogger's Quilt Festival. I am showcasing one of my favorite quilts, Storm At Sea. I started this quilt in October 1985 and finished it in February 1991. Twenty years ago! I love how it looks like waves undulating across the quilt, even though there aren't any curved pieces. There are over 1700 pieces in this 77" x 98" quilt. I hand pieced and hand quilted every teeny, tiny little stitch in this quilt.  The quilt hung in one of my homes for 5 years. It has been washed and snuggled under many times. It now is lovingly displayed on one of the beds in my home. It still warms my children and guests when they spend nights here.

The label I made for the back of the quilt, documents my journey and the making of this quilt. Note the "finally" penned on the bottom of the label. :-) During the making of this quilt, I took a machine piecing class. . . my sore fingers gave a sigh of relief.

Detail of quilt

Thanks for stopping by to see my quilt and thanks to Amy at Amy's Creative Side for hosting the festival! Click on the button below to see more amazing quilts in the Blogger's Quilt Festival.

Amy'sCreativeSide