Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Bit O' Blarney

So I'm back to tell you some more about our yummy day. In honor of St. Patrick's Day, Lynn and I decided to make Irish Soda Bread. I have never made or eaten soda bread, I was intrigued. Even more so, when Lynn told me that before the soda bread went into the oven to bake, we would "release the fairies"  HUH??  What kind of blarney is this??

Ingredients for the bread

Mixing all the ingredients...is this when the fairies arrive?

Kneading the dough, a wee bit messy...fairies at work??

Releasing the fairies, they burst out of the dough
leaving little fireworks behind.

Baking, can you smell it?

Done!

For each petal on the shamrock
This brings a wish your way-
Good health, good luck, and happiness
For today and every day.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Is that a mouth on the soda bread?
I like your story.