Monday, June 14, 2010

The Ugly Quilt

Don't Call Me Ugly 60" x 70"

This quilt was the result of an online swap I was in. We swapped what we considered "ugly" fabrics.  I designed it with one of the earliest versions of the Electric Quilt. It is machine pieced and hand quilted. I used different color threads to quilt around each square. I quilted squares in the borders. The border fabric is an Alexander Henry fabric. This quilt was juried into the Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival in Williamsburg, VA. February 1994.

Quilting detail

Some of the ugly fabrics...

...more uglies...cute little frogs though...

Nothing like a little pre-printed patchwork...

Little pigs with a sign that says "free hogs"...huh???

...enough you say???!!!

Alexander Henry fabric for the back...I called it "Fish in Bondage". That's some scary looking fabric!

Thanks for stopping by...



2 comments:

Jane said...

I remember those ugly swaps!! This is a lovely quilt and those fabrics go together so well in this pattern. Nice job! Love it.
Minnie

Laurie Crowley said...

This quilt is gorgeous. Would you share the pattern??